Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dear Shoe's

Realising its only 6 days till I move to California, I have started to panic. But not about the essentials such as travel insurance, missing my flight, losing my passport... no... I have been getting myself into the worlds greatest tiz over what shoes and what clothes to take. Only being able to take 23kg of luggage I am beside myself. Always being a serial over packer, an everything bar the kitchen sink kind of girl.... what does one do in this situation?? Unfortunately when I couldn't even lift my suitcase and I noticed even the wheels were struggling.... I had a smack of reality... packing my entire wardrobe was a serious mistake. I am going to have to do some serious culling and compromising... I know its best but it doesn't mean I am happy about it! Today as I worked out which shoe's I could take, I whispered sweet nothings to the pair's getting left behind. I tell them its not their fault and that I just have to be economical about it. Which pairs will get me the most outfits are just the ones I have to take! I just hope they understand, I'd hate to hurt their feelings. So I thought I would post a little dedication to shoe's. Hero's that so lovingly cradle our feet. They don't mind when we spill vodka tonic's on them nor when we fall down the stairs, they get us through and make feet which are really the most ugly part of the body seem like a thing of beauty. x

No comments:

Post a Comment